- SCM Suomi Oy / Tori.fi
- Web-projektien johtaminen
- Viim. hakupvm
Schibsted Media Group is a Norway-based, international media corporation operating in 22 countries and currently employing 7 300 professionals. In Finland, Schibsted is known for the Tori.fi marketplace that was founded back in 2009. The huge success story of Tori.fi has been recognised not only locally but also internationally. The service currently has over 2.1 million Finns visiting the site each month. During 2017, over 10 million ads were published and 8 000 deals were done each day in second hand goods, cars and real estate.
At Tori we like to describe ourselves as self-driven, experiment oriented, agile, kind & happy people. We value and invest in well-being, learning, diversity and we’re putting all our efforts in developing our product and company, ourselves – basically all the things that creates our own special service and culture.
Instead of listing our benefits separately here, we prefer to promise to take care of our people in every way, so that they truly enjoy working at Tori but also have a healthy and joyful work-life balance as well.
We are now looking for Head of UX to join our Product team!
We are talking about a full-time job, in the city center of Helsinki, in our a nice and cozy office. We have such a great bunch of professionals with various expertise to work with and as a tech community we highly value the following qualities from every colleague: teamwork skills, proactiveness, understanding diversity and openness to new experiences.
We’re completely renewing our web site and mobile apps for Tori – come to lead the UX team during these exciting times! You will have a key role in ensuring that Finland’s biggest online marketplace will have awesome user experience.
International UX community:
In addition to your role in Tori, you will be member of Schibsted Marketplaces UX management team. There are more than 150 UXers across Schibsted Marketplaces. Ours is a team that feels like a family; even though our members are spread across Europe and Latin America, we always have each other’s backs.
Together, we combine individual expertise with a broader, zoomed-out view of all the marketplaces across Schibsted, meaning our UXers on the ground have the support and resources to do what we do best: matching buyers with sellers.
Your main responsibilities as a Head of UX for Tori would include:
Mentor, develop and lead the UX / product design team, that consists of UX designers and UX researcher. This will include:
– Setting career paths and defining learning plans
– Ensure the UX team is well directed, motivated and supported in their work
– Refine product design process & methods together with UX team members and product managers, and ensure the process is being used
– Champion the work of the design team and raise its profile within and outside the organisation
– Think “Agile”. Apply UX methods within a cross-functional teams & continuous improvement setup. E.g. Lean UX, Guerrilla testing and A/B-testing.
– Facilitate co-creation workshops and do hands-on UX/UI design in some selected key projects, and lead with your example
– Partner with Head of Product and Head of Technology to define and execute a product UX vision and strategy
– Partner with Marketplace Lead to define how the Tori brand is reflected in the product
– Participate in the work of global Schibsted UX management team through bi-weekly calls and quarterly gatherings
Here are some requirements that are needed from you:
– Have successfully mentored and coached a design team
– Able to work with Head of product to develop UX strategy
– Deep understanding of user-centered design principles
– Experience in applying Lean UX principles for small agile teams
– Have successfully facilitated design sprints and workshops
– 4+ years UX / UI design experience of mobile apps and responsive web
– Experience of conducting user interviews & usability testing
– Knowledge of design tools, for example Sketch & Invision
– Fluent in English. Ideally Finnish speaker.
– Knowledge of Lean Startup -methodology and Lean experiments
– Knowledge of working with Design Systems
– Experience of A/B-testing and utilizing analytics in product design
Got your attention? Contact us now!
If you feel that we could offer you the workplace and the role, in which you could share your knowledge and expertise, learn, work hard, get inspired, be yourself and feel good, let us know! We would be happy to receive your informal application, CV, portfolio and your salary request. Apply quickly, we will hire as soon as we find the right person for this job!
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Esa Övermark (Head of Product), firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanni Moilanen (People & Culture Manager), email@example.com